Tuesday, November 3, 2009

iPhone 3Gs or Blackberry Bold 9700 ???


In the recent days, I've been searching one smart phone for use. As you know, we are getting overwhelmed with new gadgets rolled out CES and Macworld. My choice focuses on iphone 3Gs or Blackberry bold 9700. Each of them has some special advantages, so i have not come close to setting aside which one i choose yet. After the jump, you are able to give me some useful suggestions based on my side-by-side comparison.

1.Pocketability: For all the whiz-bang features on a smart phone, for me it is still very important to have a phone that I can carry in my pocket. The Blackberry Bold fits this point. I think that it's never awkward to carry it. For the iPhone 3gs, I still feel that I should be carrying it around on a velvet pillow. It is not huge, but I find that when I drop the iPhone it is usually a result of some sort of awkward pocket transition.

2.Whole package, "computer" away from home: I would be much more satisfied with my iPhone when I think of it as an extremely portable computer, rather than a mobile phone replacement. I like having my iCal appointments and contacts sync'd with my desktop computer. The iPhone keeps me connected on a busy day away from my desktop.

3.Reading email and browsing the internet: I prefer the iPhone, though the browsing is still more awkward than I'd like.

4.Texting: The blackberry bold is winner. i find that blackberry keyboard easier to use than the iphone keyboard. Pressing a physical, tactile keys is still more comfortable to me than having a key dedicated to each letter on the smooth iPhone screen.

5. Which one is more practical? The iPhone is amazing, attractive device, but i still wonder how many people will be able to use it for their mobile contact. For some my friends, on a daily basis, they use the blackberry number as the phone number they give out to people who need to get in touch with them in person on an urgent basis. However, i see much potential in the iphone, especially as an element contributing into a center of virtual office.

I'm still running on the process of concerning which one is better. If you have some advice, just feel free to give me.

2 comments:

  1. I am a blackberry girl all the way! However, the internet is waaayyy better on an iPhone! I guess it really depends on what you want to use it for. I do a lot of emailing from mine so I prefer the blackberry. I'm also not much of a "game player" so I don't need all the crazy iphone apps! good luck on your decision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got an iphone n' I really love its apps..such an advanced technology:-)! Pictures n' screen r so vivid, can't expect more! so far I found that i made a right decision. just feel bothered when it runs slowly sometimes surfing web...

    ReplyDelete